As leaders, whether we like it or not, “doing church” requires regular meetings with our team. Meetings are important for several reasons:
- Communication. When it comes to the details, everyone needs to be on the same page.
- Vision. Your team needs to be reminded of the WHY behind your small group program.
- Accountability. Meeting together allows the question, “How am I doing?” to be asked.
- Community. Your leaders need to be reminded that they aren’t alone, because they are part of a leadership community.
- Sharing Stories. Encourage one another by talking about the good things God is doing.
- Answering questions. Nothing runs on automatic, especially a small group ministry. Meeting together gives space to talk about concerns, issues, and problems.
Most of the time, people aren’t excited about meetings. With a little bit of work, you can make them valuable—even to the point of creating feelings of anticipation within your team.
Make every meeting a place where people want to be; here are…Continue Reading