A Christmas Eve service can be one of your church’s most meaningful moments, and one of its largest outreach events of the year. Use these two secrets for planning a meaningful community-wide event to honor Jesus’ birth.
Secret #1: Early Prep
- Carefully plan a top-quality program of worship. Forty-five minutes or an hour is ideal. Establish a minute-by-minute timetable for program participants so every second counts. Make it relaxed, yet power-packed.
- Prepare fabulous music, and include some traditional carols. The Pastor’s sermon is strategic, but may be different than usual. And pass-it-on candle lighting never goes out of style.
- As early as possible, ask for a commitment from your choice vocal and instrumental musicians, your media team and reliable leaders for greeters and fellowship reception.
- Preplan unique exterior lighting to attract guests that night—a high, giant star, searchlight or laser lights.
- Purchase needed supplies early, such as individual candles and paper guards, or jingle bells for kids.
- Offer at least two service times to enable more families to make it a tradition.
- Prepare guest cards and handouts ahead. A “Celebrate Jesus All Year” handout can invite guests to return, listing worship…