When a first-time guest completes a guest registration card at your church, what happens next? The most common answer to that question: absolutely nothing. No, it’s not an intentional oversight, but without an ongoing, immediate follow-up plan, your church may miss the opportunity to reach guests for Christ and include them in your church family.
Need fresh ideas? Tweak some of these to fit your unique church:
- First-Time-Guest Online Survey. People love to give an opinion! Create a brief survey on your church website. (See a sample survey at dianadavis.org) Carefully study survey responses.
- Same Day Contact. A specially trained volunteer can make a brief phone call to each guest on the Sunday afternoon they visit your church.
- Email + Snail Mail. Assign volunteers to send a swift, personal email or handwritten card to each first-time guest.
- Small Group Personal Invitation. Provide contact info to an appropriate small group or Sunday School class for each family member. A member of that small group may offer to meet the guest at a specific door to escort them to class.
- A Personal Touch. Examples: An Indiana church…