Once a year, we have an unprecedented opportunity to welcome some in our communities who would not normally attend church. I want to give you some things to consider as we move toward the final planning stages for Easter weekend.
1. Plan for Easter to be a Great Success
If you do not plan for success, it will not happen. What is success? You will have to pray about and define what you believe success looks like in your church. For us at Cross Church, success for Easter weekend looks like:
- God is present with us in great power
- Increased numbers of people present that exceed a regular Sunday
- People hear the gospel and place faith in Christ alone for salvation
- Extra services so more people have the opportunity to hear the Gospel
- Members and guests have a fabulous experience at Cross Church
The last several years we have had a major Passion Week emphasis each day leading up to Easter Weekend. Since our spring break occurs at the same time as Passion Week this year, we have decided not to do our Passion Week emphasis and will do other things to accelerate forward.
On a normal Sunday, we have eleven services on…Continue Reading