In last week’s The Top 10 Leadership Posts I Read The Week Of June 8th, Beth Riedemann wrote a post entitled An Open Letter To Mike Linch, Sr. Pastor at NorthStar.
The title caught my attention because Mike is one of my dearest friends and one of the great pastors in America. You can follow him on Twitter by clicking here.
As I read Beth’s post I was moved by her transparency as she recounted her family’s story of coming back to church and the role NorthStar Church and Mike, specifically, have played in her spiritual journey.
While no two stories are ever the same, the following are 20 Facts About The Unchurched People Who Visit Your Church I gleaned from Beth’s comments:
- Unchurched People were often deeply affected as children by the actions of their parents and their view of God.
- Unchurched People were often judged harshly by those in roles of spiritual authority.
- Unchurched People often watched Christians treat each other harshly. Why would they want to be part of that?
- Unchurched People are unclear on what is needed to go to Heaven.
- Unchurched People have seen poor Christian leadership modeled for them. Thankfully, God…