Anyone can fall morally
If you think that’s… “something you could NEVER do” then you are one of those most vulnerable. We have to face the fact we live in a fallen world, and in the wrong place at the wrong time with the right person, we all could make a HUGE mistake.
So here’s the deal. Don’t go there! Set up predetermined boundaries that will allow you to “tap the brakes” before it’s to late.
Some good boundary ideas could be like…
- Other than your spouse, never be alone with someone of the opposite sex.
- Let your spouse read all electronic communications, E-mail, Facebook, Twitter and Texts
- If you are deleting Text msgs…Why? (Smells like trouble)
- Give a friend the password to your accounts, knowing they will check them
- Don’t take a second look! 3-second rule, then don’t look again.
- If you feel your spouse isn’t meeting a need…COMMUNICATE!
- If a non-spouse says or does something that “attracts you” never speak with that person alone.
- Understand the needs of your spouse (“His needs Her needs” book is a good place to start) and be willing to change and adapt to meet them
- Talk with your spouse DAILY about things that are going on, and how you feel about things
- The above can be exhausting at times, but stick with it. You won’t be sorry
These are just a few, care to add any to the list?