- Get Positive – Zig Ziglar is famously quoted as saying, “Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.” I have yet to meet a consistently successful goal setter who maintains a negative attitude. If you believe you can achieve you are one step closer to doing so.
- Get Connected – Studies indicate that men and women are more likely to consistently exercise if there is someone else involved in the effort. For women it is more about the social connection. For men it is the desire to compete. Either way being connected to other people who have similar goals, who will struggle through the tough times with you makes a world of difference in your success.
- Get Inspired – Find someone who has already had success in what you are attempting and start a relationship with them. Most people will be thrilled to share knowledge and encourage you along the journey. Go ahead now and plan to be an inspiration for someone else in the future.
- Get Going – The old Chinese Proverb states that “The journey of a 1,000 miles begins with a single step.” We spend far too much time wishing, planning, dreaming, and hoping life change will happen but failing to take the first step and even when we do something compels us not to take the next 30 after that. It is important not just to make goals, but to also pursue them. I recently wrote a blog on that subject here.
- Get Committed – The Apostle Paul wrote a letter to the church in Corinth to inspire them and in it he wrote this:
Source: KellyRhoades.com. Photo by getinspired.com.