If you work on the communications or media team at a church, ministry, or nonprofit, your job is to share the story of your organizations to the local community and sometimes the world. While a pastor or leader may speak to the local congregation or supporters, your job is to take that message and share it on a much bigger platform. To do that well, here’s a list of critical things you and your team need to know:
1. Understand the pastor or CEO’s vision. That’s where your messaging begins.
2. Learn as much as you can about every media position, from graphic designer to video operator. As a leader, you need to at least have an idea of what each role requires.
3. Ultimately – it’s not about technical equipment – it’s about connecting. I don’t care how fancy your new software is, the question is, are you using it to connect your message with people?
4. Understand today’s culture. Communicating a message has changed dramatically in today’s digital world. Know how to make that change work for you.
5. Learn to work under authority. If you want to be an independent filmmaker, novelist, or…Continue Reading