As the Social Media app Periscope continues to grow in popularity, an ever-increasing number of church leaders are leaning in to this emerging tool as an opportunity to connect and transfer vision.
Periscope videos are public broadcasts viewable by anyone, with notifications that are sent to your followers and to your Twitter feed when you “go live.” However, there is also a private broadcasting feature which allows the user to limit potential viewers to a select group of followers.
Given this functionality, the ability to interact with viewers, and the 24-hour lifespan of each video saved, here are 46 examples of how leaders might use Periscope in Church Ministry…
For the Vision-Dripping Senior Pastor:
1. Deliver daily devotions during a season of campaigning
2. Share vision-soaked highlights of the day on Sunday evenings
3. Reveal a Thursday afternoon sermon preview with handles on how to invite to Sunday services
4. Broadcast business meetings during those hard-to-quorum summer months
5. Lead sermon-based small group leaders by reviewing main points and potential applications
6. Share weekly prayer moments – taking requests and praying
7. Poll member’s feelings about a topic while preparing a sermon
8. Host regular “Bible answer man” / tough questions sessions
9. Give live…Continue Reading