To all pastors and church staff,
I want you to know that I know being a pastor or church staff member is the most difficult job in the world. While it has unbelievable highs and on its best days is the most rewarding occupation/calling in the world, it is also the most difficult. Unlike us in the marketplace, you lead volunteer armies and face an enemy (Satan and his demons) we may or may not encounter on a regular basis.
You have given your lives to serve people like me, my family and friends. As a result, the two most important words I and everyone else under your leadership can ever say is “THANK YOU”.
- Thank you for going to God on our behalf and praying for us daily.
- Thank you for studying God’s Word and communicating its truths to us in a compelling fashion.
- Thank you and your family for being willing to live in a fishbowl.
- Thank you for demonstrating grace, love and patience when people question your motives and competency. Sheep may be dumb but they bite. And they have a taste for pastors and church staff.
- Thank you for putting in countless hours.
- Thank you for…