Easter is coming again soon. Are you ready?
Every year pastors have the duty to come up with yet another great Easter sermon. But after years of preaching the same message, you can start to feel like a broken record.
The Easter message should be the same every year. You should preach the Good News of the resurrection of Jesus.
But don’t just dust off the same old sermon every year. You can still be creative in the way you tell the story.
So here are 30 ideas straight from the Bible to help get you started.
30 EASTER SERMON IDEAS FROM THE BIBLE
- Preach the Easter story from the gospel of Matthew (Matthew 28).
- Preach the Easter story from the gospel of Mark (Mark 16).
- Preach the Easter story from the gospel of Luke (Luke 24).
- Preach the Easter story from the gospel of John (John 20).
- Preach about Peter’s denial of Jesus three times (Matthew 26:30-35, 69-75; Mark 14:26-31, 66-72; Luke 22:31-34, 54-62; John 13:36-38, 18:15-18, 25-27) and his forgiveness through Christ (John 21:15-19).
- Preach from Judas’ perspective: his betrayal (Matthew 26:14-25, 47-56; Mark 14:10-21, 43-50;