Talent and charisma aren’t bad. They’re good. They’re gifts to be stewarded. In the Bible, Joseph and Daniel are two striking examples of both attributes and how God uses them to put us in places of expanding influence. The problem, however, with both talent and charisma is that they expand our influence whether our character is ready for it or not.
Keep a close watch on yourself and on the teaching. Persist in this, for by so doing you will save both yourself and your hearers.
1 Timothy 4:16 (ESV)
Joseph and Daniel were prepared, even through adversity, for the platforms to which God led them. Other leaders have not been so well prepared.
Every time we hear of another moral failure of someone we respected in leadership, a range of thoughts go through our minds…
- This didn’t have to happen! What a waste!
- Those poor, innocent and unknowing spouses!
- The children caught in the crossfire!
- The church now dealing with the aftermath of a scandal!
- The reproach upon the Kingdom!
- The ammunition we give to the naysayers!
At the end of the day, such stories should drive us to our knees in both repentance and in…Continue Reading