God’s Word is your divine advantage in a wired world. In Psalm 119, David extols God’s precepts and principles as constant and eternal. God’s truth lives independent of time, change, and most certainly cyberspace.
His Word anchors you securely no matter how fiercely the digital current tries to toss you like a wave on the sea.
When you are grounded deeply in the truth, it amplifies your influence and miraculously enables you to redirect the worldwide conversation for His glory.
1. He blesses you when you live out what He teaches. Whole-heartedly seek Him and look intently into the perfect law that gives you freedom. Do what it says and you’ll be blessed.
Blessed are the undefiled in the way,
Who walk in the law of the Lord!
Blessed are those who keep His testimonies,
Who seek Him with the whole heart.
2. His Word cleanses and keeps you pure. Faithfully remain in the Word and He’ll keep you pure and faultless in all you do.
How can a young man cleanse his way?
By taking heed according to Your word.
With my whole heart I have sought you;
Oh, let me not wander from Your commandments!
3. He provides wisdom when you’re criticized. Wisdom is generously given when you make the request. He guides you in times of criticism if you wait for His counsel in that space between your initial reaction and final response.
Let your mercies come also to me, O Lord
Your salvation according to Your word.
So shall I have an answer for him who reproaches me.
(Verse 41, 42)
4. He gives you liberty. Walk according to His righteousness and rejoice in the freedom it affords you. You’ve been set free from the pull of this corrupt world.
And I will walk at liberty,
For I seek Your precepts.
Teach me good judgment and knowledge,
For I believe Your commandments.
6. He offers strength as you persevere. His Word empowers you to push through trials and remain steady in the turbulence. He won’t leave you or forsake you as you delight in His ways.
Unless Your law had been my delight,
I would then have perished in my affliction.
7. He makes the path clear. Obedience to His commands illuminates your every step. Don’t merely listen to His Word, but do it, and you’ll never be confused about where the next step leads.
Your word is a lamp to my feet,
And a light to my path.
8. He listens when you call. Regardless how intense the drift of the world and the conflict you encounter, be confident He hears you. You won’t be swept away by it because His mercy and loving-kindness prevail.
Plead my cause and redeem me.
Revive me according to your word.
Salvation is far from the wicked
For they do not see Your statues.
Great are your tender mercies, O Lord;
Many are my persecutors and my enemies.
I see the treacherous, and am disgusted,
Because they do not keep Your word.
Consider how I love Your precepts;
Revive me, O Lord, according to Your loving-kindness.
9. He promises peace. A hectic life is full of gusts, but you have the promise of inward peace and poise. Embrace the calm that comes from knowing and living according to His plan.
Great peace has those who love your law,
And nothing causes them to stumble.
10. His hand is always there to help you. Stay crazy in love with Him, His Word, and you’ll never find a situation where you are lost or beyond the reach of His grace.
Let Your hand become my help,
For I have chosen Your precepts.
I long for Your salvation, O Lord,
And Your law is my delight.
Let my soul live, and it shall praise Your:
And let your judgments help me.