Let me tell it to you straight, some moves are just STUPID. They seem to scream for your attention as a leader or pastor but they can kill you! Not like you actually die, but more like killing your future, health, relationships and your ability to lead. These are just some stupid moves I have made!
I encourage you to learn from my mistakes, these almost killed me, don’t you make the same stupid moves…
1. RUN down rumors to make sure everyone knows the “Truth.”
2. PUSH aside the correction and input of others on your team.
3. DIVE into a new process or project without prayer & direction from God.
4. KICK someone who is already down, instead of offering a hand up.
5. THROW stones at others who don’t agree with your way or thought.
6. STICK your commands to someone who needs freedom, not micro management.
7. CATCH all the praise and keep it for yourself, leaving others around you thirsty.
8. PUNCH through all difficulties on your own, never being transparent with struggles.
9. SLAP a helping hand away, while trying to do everything on your own, be a one man show!
10. DUCK all abuse letting it slam into those you lead, never be willing to bleed.
These moves will KILL a lot of things in your life and those around you. What say you? Any you care to add?
Source: Artie Davis